Chipping Campden - North Cotswolds
Chipping Campden is one of the most beautiful tourist destinations in the United Kingdom. The main street is long and broad, flanked by unbroken terraces in varied architectural styles.
With easy road access to the remainder of the Cotswolds and further afield, it is ideal for a full vacation or just a short break.
Its most dominant building is the Church of St. James, built around 500 years ago and financed, as with many other buildings in Campden, from the wealth created by the wool trade.
The oldest building is William Grevel's House dating to around 1380 but the Almshouses, Woolstaplers Hall, the former Grammar School, the old Silk Mill and the Market Hall are all of important architectural significance.